Wednesday, June 18, 2008

We've finally made it...

to the internet that is! In an effort to seem somewhat technically sophisticated, I've decided to start this webpage/blog. Hopefully, we can keep it up!

We have FINALLY been able to enjoy some nice weather the last few weeks. Blake likes going outside and it's been good to have some new distractions as we wait for Baby Jarrett to arrive...4 more weeks YIPPEE!!

Blake will be 2 on June 30th and boy, does time sure fly by! Everyone says time goes by so much faster once you have children and that couldn't be more true. He is talking a ton and repeating nearly everything we say. We call him "boss" or "big B" because he is clearly the boss in this house. He uses his "authority" to boss poor Molly around too. I'm convinced she would run away from home if she had the chance. It's pretty common to hear him shouting orders at us like "More Milk Mommy" or "Need Juice Daddy"!

He's been sleeping in his "big boy" room for a couple of months now and really likes it. I was worried about how well he would transition, but he has surprised us. He is thriving at his school and the teachers say he is a smart little guy. He counted to 3 for the first time today and can sing the ABC song, though you have to use your imagination a little with a few of the letters. He LOVES puppies, balls and likes to watch for airplanes. He has a little group of friends that we are quite fond of...especially Miss Chloe. They have so much fun together! Oh and much to our chagrin, he likes the "Wiggles". He will be in toddler heaven when his Daddy takes him to see the Wiggles in concert this August.

Everything with the new baby is on track...due date is still 7/15 (give or take a day) and I'm measuring just right. Other than being a gazillion times more tired this go around, everything has been pretty much the same. But no, I do not believe that is a sign that it's a boy. And no, we really don't know what we're having. We are getting very anxious and simply hoping for a healthy baby and a smooth delivery. We will be sure to send updates when he/she arrives.

Here are some recent pictures of us...






1 comment:

HootieMama said...

Hooray! I am the first commenter! I am so glad that you have entered the blogosphere world!! I need to get busy b/c I think I am the only person in the free world without one! (Or so my friends tell me!)

I will LOVE to see pictures of my favorite little nephew and his sis/bro! It just makes me wish I lived next door!

Love ya!