Saturday, January 10, 2009

Happy 6 Month Birthday!

Happy Birthday "little" Luke! You're definitely not so little anymore. I can't give specific stats because we haven't had your 6 month checkup yet, but I know you are about 19 pounds and easily into your 6-9 month clothes now. You are such a sweetie and have the cutest cheeks! Your brother likes to pinch them (don't worry, not too hard) and sing "chubby cheeks, chubby cheeks" to you.


The fact that I am even writing this post is nearly unbelievable to me...has it really been 6 months? I already knew that time flies once you have kids. I already knew that I wouldn't remember him ever being "that tiny" when I see a newborn at Target. I already knew that by month 2 he would hardly resemble the little guy in those hospital pictures that now make him look like a sumo wrestler. I already knew that I would look back at my maternity leave and wonder what in the world did we do for 12 weeks. I already know how bittersweet it is to slowly leave each phase and yet how fun and exciting the next one is. So if I already know all of this, then why is it still so hard?


I guess it's hard because we love you so much "little dude" (as your brother likes to call you). Happy 1/2 year Birthday!



1 comment:

sara said...

happy 1/2 birthday luke! he is so handsome. i can't believe he's that old. we're celebrating gracie's 1 1/2 tomorrow!