Sunday, October 25, 2009

Our WILD Saturday Night

Okay, so I’m slightly embarrassed to admit this, but after living here in the frozen tundra for 9+ years, I have finally attended my first hockey game. Not just in Minnesota…ever. Honestly, I thought there was a chance I never would and I was okay with that. However, Kurt and I were so excited to accept an invitation from my wonderful friend Sarah and her husband Tom when they invited us to go to a Minnesota Wild vs the Carolina Hurricanes game Saturday night. They had gotten 4 AWESOME seats…1st level, 10th row right across from the bench. Who knew a professional sporting event could be so fun when you aren’t watching the whole thing on the jumbo tron!

We had such a fun evening and it was a really good game. The Wild won in overtime with a “hail Mary” goal. And, of course, there was a fight in the first period that I was able to get some good pics of. It was the craziest thing I’ve ever seen. They actually stop the clock and just let the men duke it out. The refs just stand there and watch and then when it’s over they send them each to the penalty box and every one goes on about their lives. Now don’t get me wrong, as fun as it was, I am still very much hoping that my boys don’t ever discover this sport or show the slightest interest in it. And I’d be lying if I didn’t say my favorite part of the evening was just getting to chat with my friend Sarah!







No comments: