Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Happy 4th Birthday Blake!

Oh my, oh my how could it be that my little Blakey is no longer 3! Blake officially turned 4 today. Wow! I have never experienced 4 years going this quickly. The 4 years each I spent in High School and College went by MUCH slower than this...and those are the years you want to fly by! I was telling a friend today at work how I wish children came with a pause button. I don't want them to be babies forever, but I wish you could just push pause from time to time to really enjoy the stage they are currently in. But, since you can't...here we are celebrating his 4th birthday. This time with a "hamburger cake" that he saw at Target a few months ago and has wanted ever since.

I want my little buddy to know that every day since he came into this world (and even the days/months prior to that) I have cherished every breath, every blink, every tear, every smile, every word, every kiss and every hug. He has truly made my life more wonderful than I ever could have imagined. Add to that the love we have for Luke and our family is complete.

Blake is such a fun little boy to be around. He is turning into such a social butterfly and making new friends all the time. Oddly enough, there are 3 "Blakes" in our neighborhood and he has been dubbed "little Blake." He loves to sing, dance, be read to, swim, ride his 4-wheeler, play with his friends, pretend (especially with his pirate and Dash costumes), play legos, play with all of his new play mobile toys (think cross between barbies and little people for boys), snack, watch tv (favorites include Mickey, Curious George, Clifford, Arthur, and more recently Phinneas and Ferb), and hang out with all of us. Blake still hasn't outgrown his asthma or eczema so we have to keep a constant watch on that and keep him on a regular breathing treatment schedule for prevention. It's hard for us to see him struggle some times, but he has such a will to keep going that it really doesn't slow him down.

He is a great kid and we are so blessed to have him in our lives. I look at this picture below quite often and pinch myself that we have come this far. What an amazing journey it has been so far and I am quite sure we have so many more wonderful years & memories yet to make. I love you Blake!!

2 comments:

sara said...

happy birthday blake! i can't believe how fast all you kiddos are growing. much love from the prathers.
p.s. we love phineas & ferb here too!

missdreampainter said...

happy bday!!! love the cake, too cute, needs a side of fries with it. hope he enjoyed his special day.