Monday, July 11, 2011

How can it be? My baby boy has turned 3!



To think this time 3 years ago I was sitting in a hospital pondering how on Earth I was going to be able to raise 2 little boys! Fast forward, and I mean FAST, 3 years and I still sit here wondering how on Earth can I raise 2 little boys! Or at least survive raising 2 little boys! Oh my!

Our precious little Luke William (aka Lukey, Louie, Big Lou, Lou Buggers, Wukie, L-dub, Lillum, Stinker, Big Guy....). I couldn't love you more. You are the most unique little person I have ever encountered. Sweet as sugar and yet salty as a pretzel! Since you were a tiny baby you have had us wrapped around your finger. You have more facial expressions than any other baby/toddler I have ever met. You are rough and tumble and yet so sensitive ("that too loud", absolute fear at the car wash, and when you know you have really gotten in trouble and curl that bottom lip up). I love your fluffy brown hair and those eyelashes that go on and on. I love that you want to do everything by yourself and be such a big guy, yet you want nothing to do with potty training or giving up your nuk. I love how "all boy" you are...the word poop or butt can get the biggest giggle out of you. I love how you love anything to do with wheels. Your trains, your cars and of course your big red car that you sure are missing this summer. We'll get it back soon I promise!! You can be so sweet and outgoing and then in the next minute telling a perfect stranger in an "ele-bator" that "you're not my friend ANYmore". I love how when you want your back scratched at bedtime you say "scratch me!" I think it's pretty cute that you pronounce your "v"s like "b"s and call DVD's "DBDeeps". You are such a chatty little guy and you are constantly making us laugh with your version of something you have heard us or Blake say like "no way man". You are obsessed with the Big Bad Wolf and are always telling us some story about how you are hiding from him or that you are going to fight him. You still sleep good at night so I suppose you aren't having nightmares about it!! When I asked Luke to say hi to a bird the other day at a park he said to me "Mom, they aren't kids. They don't talk. They are animals."
My oh my how much you've grown. You are our stout little guy...a friend recently dubbed him "tank" and that couldn't be more fitting. Even though it would hurt my feelings if the tables were turned, I kind of like that you tell Daddy "no, I'm Mommy's boy".



Fast forward 3 years and I can't imagine my life without two little boys. We have been so blessed to have 2 healthy, happy, handsome little fellas. Happy 3rd Birthday Luke William. We love you more than you can imagine!


No comments: