Monday, October 6, 2008

Hug Me...



Today was Luke's 1st day at school so I appropriately dressed him in a shirt that said "hug me" in the hopes that his teachers wouldn't be able to resist holding and hugging him all day. He did have a great day and it wasn't nearly as traumatic as we both thought it would be...for Mommy that is!

He had a busy day...his class got school pictures taken, he took 4 naps, had 4 ba-ba's, checked out all the new equipment (they've upgraded to some really cool swings since Blake was there), and flirted with his teachers. Just as we suspected, he was tuckered out by 7:00!

We had planned on Big Brother B being there to keep a close watch on Luke today, but unfortunately he was under the weather so he had to stay home with Daddy. Tomorrow Blake will officially move up to a new room at Step by Step...the "transition room." Next stop - Preschool!

Oh, and yes, I went back to work today too. It was nice to see my co-workers and friends and catch up on everything I've missed in the last 12 weeks. It is hard to believe that much time has already passed. I truly enjoyed every second of my 3 months here at home with Luke. It's hard to go back when he is so little, but I know there will never be an optimal time. As I reminded him last night, he will never remember this time we spent together, but I will never ever forget.

2 comments:

sara said...

your boys are so cute! i can't believe how big they are!

HootieMama said...

I would bet that Luke wasn't put down the entire day! "Hug Me" shirt is so adorable! Hope Big B is feeling better today!

Luv, jill