Friday, October 31, 2008

I go potty...


Every day Blake gets smarter and smarter. On all levels, but he has really sharpened his manipulation skills! His new stall tactic at bedtime is telling us he has to use the potty. We've had a little potty in the bathroom for a long time now. It basically collects dust or has become a step stool when necessary. Though here lately we've been slowly trying to get him to use the potty or at least tell us when he has to go (or has gone) even if he still goes in his diaper.

So the last few nights after we have tucked him in bed and read a gazillion books, he has said "I go potty" and of course we let him get out of bed and go sit on the potty as long as he wants...yes, he rules the roost! Well Wednesday night we brought the potty into his bedroom so Daddy could read to him while he sat on the potty and low and behold, he actually peed! We were so proud of him! I know this is still very early in the potty training stage, but I couldn't believe it was finally happening. Oddly, it makes me a little sad realizing he is growing up and he is not going to be my little baby forever (sniff sniff).

1 comment:

HootieMama said...

I hope that he is not too scarred when he finds out one of these days that you posted "potty" pictures for the world to see!!

Yea for Blake! We were incredibly blessed to have the assistance of pre-school teachers in the potty training adventure.

I know what you mean about your babies getting big too fast! Mine have suddenly gone from 7 & 10 to 18 & 25!!! Maddie told me that she's got this "maturity thing" down! Heaven help me!!

Love you all!

Jill