Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Early Christmas Present...for me!

This one comes without a picture because it would be difficult to snap one of me sleeping for 7 HOURS STRAIGHT!!!! Hallelujah! I woke up this morning around 4:30 (yes, I go to bed at 9:30 on a late night) and felt like I just awoke from a coma. Then I did the sound check - that's where you listen really hard to make sure you hear some sign of life coming from your childrens' rooms - and then fell back asleep until 7:00. It's been amazing...I'm sort of giddy still thinking about it.

This was the best gift that my boys could ever give me and even sweeter because they coordinated and "crafted" it all by themselves. That is usually the problem. You see, they are both individually very capable of sleeping through the night without making a peep. However, they both like to switch it up so that on any given night one of them sees my lovely face a few times to replace a pacifier, replace a cover, etc. And this was 100 times better then those mornings when my really sweet husband says I can sleep in, yet I lay there in bed listening to everything that is going on in the house because it is impossible to turn off "mommy ears."

Ahhhh, Merry Christmas to me! Now, it's pretty much guaranteed that the very fact I'm documenting this will mean it won't happen again until next Christmas. Oh well, I still have the rest of the day to enjoy my full tank! :)

1 comment:

HootieMama said...

It's moments like that which make mommyhood so marvelous! Give your "sleepers" a big hug from the Hootens in HoosierLand!

Merry Christmas! May God bless your beautiful little family! We miss you so.

Love, Jill