Thursday, December 11, 2008

Happy 5 Month Birthday Luke!


Another month has passed, wow! Your Daddy and I can hardly keep up with how fast you are changing. I was having a mommy moment last night and had to watch some of videos of when you were first born to remind myself how little you were and how amazing it is to see you grow (even though I would stop time if I could and enjoy some of this a little longer). I'm starting to do a better job of reminding myself that I will miss this time some day so I should enjoy every second - and yes, even those seconds that are spent wandering into your room at 3 am to swaddle you tighter and stick a pacifier into your mouth (only for you to spit it right back out)!

You have had a great week...your ear infection has cleared up and you don't seem to have a cold at the moment. (Guaranteed you will pick something new up tomorrow.) You weigh 17lbs, 7 oz now and are starting to get some rolls on your thighs. I'm sure it's partly because you are feeling better this week, but you have been such a happy little guy. Laughing and smiling a ton. And you have hardly cried in your car seat to/from school - THANK YOU! You've finally gotten strong enough to grab your feet and you LOVE to do it. It's just a matter of time before those toesies are in your mouth! You are starting to make some new sounds too. And of course, your brother still adores you. He is always so sweet to you and I can't wait until you are old enough to play together.



2 comments:

sara said...

jen, you look so good! every milestone is bittersweet isn't it? these kids are so precious!
love
sara

The Steinemann Family said...

Love those chubby cheeks!! So cute. It is fun to read about the life of a 5 month old.. so quickly I forgot :)