Saturday, April 18, 2009

Hanging Out

Thursday was a rest day. We had been going strong for 3 straight days so we needed a day to unwind. We hung out by the pool for a few hours (where Mommy ended up getting a little too much sun), did some swinging and sliding at a local park, had the boys in bed by 6:00 (no joking - they were pooped) and we were asleep by 8:30! Here are some funny shots of my cool dudes...





Okay, now this takes some explaining and might be one of my favorite moments of the entire trip. After Blake was done swimming in the frigid water, I stripped him down to his little swimmer. In our beach toys bag he found a deflated arm floatie that fit perfectly on his head and then became his "party hat." He proceeded to march around the pool singing Happy Birthday at the top of his lungs. There might have a few choruses from the "farmer in the dell" too. It was one of the funniest things I have ever seen. It just reminded me how imaginative and spontaneous toddlers can be. And even cuter was his little butt cheek that kept sticking out of his diaper! I wish I would have done the video on this one, but had he even caught me taking pictures the moment would have surely been over.

2 comments:

missdreampainter said...

OMG, just love it, I am trying to imagine his little voice singing those songs together, just makes me giggle.

HootieMama said...

HYSTERICAL!!! He'll be a HUGE hit at all the fraternity parties in the future! ;)