Sunday, April 26, 2009

Oh Blake...


And here's my other little ray of sunshine. This guy has the ability to light up a room in about 1 second. He has definitely picked up Mommy's silliness gene. Even his mannerisms and all of the little voices he makes up are hysterical. One of his teachers told us one day last week while singing the ABC song, he started singing it in this low, growly voice he has made up and then that got another kid doing it. She tried to make them stop but of course they wouldn't, because all the other kids were laughing at them. Then one day he came home from school and we asked how his day was and he honestly proclaimed "Ms Makai said I wasn't listening." At least he's honest! Today when discussing Daddy's upcoming birthday, he told me we would need to go to the store and buy a cake. Then he corrected himself and said "two cakes." He came by his sweet tooth naturally!

Here are some things I love about this guy...

1. His contagious belly laugh.

2. How you always know if he's quiet or playing by himself that means he's pooping. Sorry B.

3. How he says "okay" after everything...we are still trying to figure out where that came from.

4. How he hates to wear socks and pants. The sock thing I completely understand...the pants, not sure but he will tell you "I'm hot!"

5. How he says "my's" instead of mine.

6. How he absolutely adores his brother and always wants to hug him or pat his head. He has even started calling him "little buddy."

7. How he loves to read. This kid is going to be a voracious reader. His current favorites are Maisy the Mouse and Curious George (aka Monkey George).

8. How he dances like Elaine from Seinfeld.

9. How he can repeat anything I say with the same high pitches and tones which makes his Daddy laugh.

10. How it can break my heart completely when he tells me to "leave him alone." Who knew you could love somebody this much!


Love you buddy!

1 comment:

HootieMama said...

I died laughing at #8! We call Maddie "Elaine" every time she starts dancing! Eventually, we'll have to break the inside joke to her!

We can't wait to see you guys!! Just a couple of months to go!! Where is this year going??

jill