Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy 10 Month Birthday Luke!

Okay, now I'm really in denial...you are actually in double digits (in terms of months)! What is a mommy to do? Is it really possible that you are going to be 1 year old in two short months? I know I say this every week, but I fall in love with you even more with every passing day. Your little smile, bright blue eyes, and "eh-eh-eh" laugh make me smile just thinking of them. I haven't weighed you yet, but I'm sure you've gained a pound (or two) since last month. You don't have a ton of rolls...you are just a sturdy little guy.

We are still waiting on you to take off, but it's getting really close. You say ma-ma, da-da, ba-ba, na-na and a few other random words. You also shake your head no when you don't want something. It's pretty funny. You were in love with carrots and peas (the real deal...not the pureed kind) for a few weeks so we went out and bought a TON...now you won't touch them! You like to eat avocado, bananas, yogurt and club crackers. Your brother thinks you are his little buddy. He likes to play with you and pinches your cheeks and says "chubby cheeks, chubby cheeks." He still calls you "Goo Goo" which is pretty cute. We all call you Lukie or Luke William most of the time, but one of your teachers has been calling you Louie, so that has started to stick at home and school. Sometimes we call you "Lillam." When Blake was learning to pronounce William, he would say "Lillam" so that has stuck too.

A funny story, on Mother's Day we went for a long walk and to a nearby park to play. On the way back, Blake started singing some made up song and hitting all of these notes that I'm pretty sure aren't actually notes. Then Luke joined in...they were both singing in these WAY out of tune voices and it was hysterical. I have to believe we were sending all the dogs in the Northwest corner of Plymouth straight under their beds! Of course we didn't have the video camera with us! I just hope I can remember it forever.

We love you to bits and pieces my little man.

No comments: