Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!




Happy Father's Day! Today was Daddy's first Father's Day as a father of two! I am pretty certain he would agree that made it "double the fun!" We did have a great day/weekend. This morning Blake and I got up and made blueberry muffins from scratch - yummy! Then Daddy took Blake on a father/son bonding activity...to buy a new bike (for Kurt, not Blake). Then it was back home where we tried to capture the moment with a picture. Which is quite difficult with two boys and their varying tolerance levels for pictures. Strike that. It's nearly impossible! So I've included a few different takes!

Later today we were off to a cookout with some great friends. One of Blake's school friends invited us and two other families over to have dinner and eat smores! It's always fun to see Blake and his buddies play together. Saturday we were so happy to finally meet little Miss Tess Triplett! Our friends came over to our house for a cookout and Blake and Stella got to play while I oogled over tiny little Tess...who might be one of the most perfect (in cuteness and personality) newborns I've ever seen!
So, Happy Father's Day to all! Especially to my Dad who knows I love him dearly and I thank him always for raising me to be who I am today. And I thank his Dad, Pappaw Grady, for being such a great example to our family and wish he had had a longer life to have met my little boys and teach them a few things about life. And a special Happy Father's Day to our other Grandpa's, Dave, Great Grandpa Jarrett and Great Grandpa Risley.
We are so lucky to have one of the best Dad's in the world right under this roof. We of course let him know how much we appreciated him today, but hopefully he knows every day! We love you!

No comments: