Saturday, November 21, 2009

My Boys

My boys...oh how I love them so. They both had doctor's appt this week and are officially only 5 lbs different. Sadly, my Lou-Bug will probably start to thin out soon now that he is nearly running. This little guy has his first (and hopefully last) case of athlete's foot. Who knew a 16 month old could get athlete's foot. It's the result of those fat, sweaty little baby feet! He loves to be right next to Blake and involved in whatever Blake is doing at the time. And he's a brute. He can wrestle with the best of them and is the fastest stair climber I have ever seen. Blake never had a ton of interest in the stairs. Luke knows it is the sure fire way to get attention from us. Luke is still our Mr. Sensitive (or "touchpoints" as Daddy likes to call him) and requires some anti-stimulation time every day. He talks up a storm (in baby babble mostly), but is starting to use some words correctly. He has especially enjoyed getting to watch his brother at swim lessons this fall. You can tell he is dying to jump right in too! He can now tell you the sounds of a car, train, cow, horse, sheep, dog, cat, lion, and monkey. We are working on frog and turkey this week! He has started saying Blake in his own special way, but this week has even started to get the "bl" part right. This boy still has a voracious appetite and out eats his brother at nearly every meal.

And now for my Blakey Bear...as he reminds Kurt and I at least once a day, "I'm a big boy." One day we were trying to help him with something and in the most sincere voice he says to us, "I'm NOT a baby." It made me sad because he is right. He is such a funny and spirited little guy. He's always talking or singing in what I would classify as his "outside voice." Today he finished his first round of swim lessons and got a passing grade. He is learning so much at school and amazes us all the time with his memory, observations or questions about the world/life we live in . He's our go to guy when we need someone to remember something...like buying dog food at Target. Last night as he was making himself comfortable between Kurt and I in bed (which is a rare thing as he truly loves sleeping in his own bed) he was asking us to go get his "Monkey George" to sleep with us too. Kurt was trying his best to negotiate out of this situation by saying "Monkey George said he wants to sleep in your bed and he wants you to sleep in there too." Blake's response in his "you can't fool me voice" - "Dad, Monkey George can't talk."

They are both so precious and we try so hard to absorb all these special moments!

1 comment:

HootieMama said...

Oh, how I wish to give them big hugs!! Missing you all very much!