Saturday, December 5, 2009

Big Week for Lou Bug


This week Luke officially transitioned to the Toddler Room. I knew it was going to be hard (on me), but I didn't really think it would be that tough on him since a few of his friends have already moved over in the last month. The transition was supposed to take 2 weeks with a few hours a day building up to a full day by the end of the 2 weeks. Instead they built up to a full day by Thursday and on Friday we were to do drop off and pickup in the new room. Drop off was awful. He wanted nothing to do with the teachers, sitting at the breakfast table, or breakfast itself (which if you know my Lou Bug you know he does not miss a meal). He was screaming and trying so hard to stay in my arms and get back out that door. It reminded me of Molly's first puppy training class when during "circle time" she climbed into the sleeve of Kurt's coat...while he was wearing it.
Apparently Luke had a good day after about an hour and all is good for now. I'm still trying to imagine how they have converted him to sleeping on a cot. I think that haircut that I have also been avoiding is getting closer too. :(

No comments: