Saturday, July 10, 2010

Happy 2nd Birthday Luke!

Happy birthday little guy. I am pinching myself right now trying to believe that my little Louie is 2! Where in the world did 2 whole years go? This time 2 years ago I was wishing time to pass quickly so that I could meet you...that little person that had become my buddy for 9ish months. And I guess so the pain of your 8lb, 6oz delivery would be over. ;) All I wanted was a healthy, happy baby to complete our family and looking back today I got so much more. You have absolutely rounded out our family and we couldn't love you more. There are so many facets of Lukey that I can't begin to describe, as you have added so much fun and personality to our home. Your smile, your eyes/eyelashes, your heckle, your belly, your funny ear, your love of the word "no", your kisses ("other cheek"), your ability to take down your brother and push all of his buttons, your undeniable love and admiration for your brother, your constant concern over where everyone is ("daddy/Blakey go?"), your AWESOME ability to sleep like a champ, your dislike for the car (yes, still), your great appetite, your adorable run, your independence, your newfound swimming skills ("one, two, twee"), your singing, your firey tantrums, your nukkie and blaylee, your little frown, your perfectly time "cheese" when a camera is around, your "uppy", your love of swings and on and on.

There have been so many milestones in the past year. You learned to walk, talk, climb, run, jump and have just come into your own. You moved into a new house, switched rooms at school, made new friends, quit the bottle, went to 1 nap, learned to go down the slide all by yourself, discovered sand at school (thanks SBS for having sand on the playground...my mudroom loves it!), rode a tractor, got MRSA, got hand/foot/mouth, finished out your first set of teeth, got your first haircut, first 4-wheeler ride, first trip down the big sledding hill at French Park, rode the Twinkle Bus, first Easter egg hunt and so much more!

Your personality has started to really shine through and we have so much fun every day figuring you out! And there are definitely days where it can be a challenge to figure you out! For some reason I thought parenthood the second time around was going to be a breeze...we learned everything with Blake right? Wrong! Every child is as unique as a snowflake and so often we forget that. Even about ourselves. You (and your brother) are the most special and unique beings in our world and I am constantly thankful and grateful that I have been so lucky to have you in our lives.


Oh my little Luke, from the moment I laid eyes on you I was smitten. I don't know how I could possibly love you more. And on this day, your 2nd birthday, I hope you know that. (Don't worry, I intend to tell him this in person). Happy Birthday Lou Bug.

No comments: