Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The Hadi Shrine Circus

Who knew 20 plus years later I would be sitting at a Hadi Shrine Circus with my son??? I was so happy that I got to go on my first "field trip" as a Mom last week! Now some of you might wonder why someone who has never found clowns and the smell of elephants particularly interesting would be so excited. Well, it's because of how neat it is to see something from a 4 year olds point of view. I remember going to the circus as a kid like it was yesterday...especially the year my parents told us we were going out for ice cream and after a longer than normal drive we ended up in Evansville at the circus! And I will never forget the year that my dear sweet sisters invited a clown to the upper level just to say hello to me. :) But more than anything, I remember how cool all those acts are! Even today as an adult it is amazing to me some of the talents these people possess. Or should I say amazing lack of fear they possess! Anyway, Blake literally sat on the edge of his seat the whole time and barely made a peep. He said the elephants were his favorite, but there was a really cool motorcycle act, a puppy dressed up as a toy elephant and some ponies that really got his attention too. Thank goodness his school had a rule that you can't buy anything while you are there (since not everyone's mom and dad are there) or else we probably would have spent $50 on light up swords. Whatever happened to the plain old glow stick??





No comments: