Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Old McDonald Had a Farm...


Drew (7), Annie (9), Maddie (10), Luke (2 mos), Alex (13), Blake (2) & Jacob (7)










Our first stop was at Mammaw and Pappaw Grady's hobby farm. Blake had a blast seeing the goats, chickens, horses and dogs. He loved helping Pappaw feed the goats and also enjoyed a ride on the tractor. (See below for a video clip of Blake and the goats.)

On Sunday we were to have a Risley Family Reunion, but instead got a little visit from Ike. Yes, I do mean the hurricane Ike. Who would have thought you could go to a landlocked state like Indiana and get hit with a hurricane. Well obviously, it wasn't anything like what the folks in the Gulf experienced, but the wind we had was crazy! Unfortunately it just didn't work out for many of my cousins to make the trip to Spencer, but I did get to see my Aunts, Grandparents, and my sisters and their families. The Grady grandchildren (there are 7 now ranging from 13 to 2 months) had an absolute blast playing outside in the rain and wind. We couldn't get Blake to come inside so he ended up soaked to the bone! It was so much fun to see everyone and especially see how much my nieces and nephews have grown. I can still remember when my 13 old year nephew Alex was born...kind of scary to think of how fast time flies.

On Monday, my parents met us at our hotel (the Canyon Inn and McCormick's Creek State Park) for a wonderful breakfast. After that they were so kind to offer to watch our kids and let Kurt and I go for a visit to the IU campus (both of our Alma Mater's) and to the Oliver Winery...always a stop on our visits to Bloomington/Spencer.

Thanks Mom and Dad for spending the weekend with us. We had a great time and know the boys did too. Especially Luke, as I don't think his body touched a non-human surface for like 72 hours! Oh and for the beans and cornbread - YUMMY!!

No comments: